Program Overview Download Brochure
A personal assistant (PA), also known as an executive assistant or administrative assistant, facilitates the day-to-day operations of an employer by prioritizing correspondence, scheduling activities, screening phone calls and running errands. This comprehensive program course covers the essential knowledge and skills required for a successful career as Executive Secretary or Personal Assistant.
This looks at the role of the modern secretary and provides insight of how to carry out duties related to office administration and management. Course participants will be able to align their personal performance to their organisations’ vision and objectives.
By completing this course, delegates will develop excellent interpersonal skills and become better able to manage teams. In addition, this course helps candidates assess and enhance their career and promotion opportunities.
This course allows PAs to practice vital skills such as influencing skills, presenting ideas to management, project management and win-win negotiation. It also uses practical case studies to investigate common PA issues.
Upon completion of this training course you will recieve your assessment based certificate of completion which has been fully accredited by an official UK government recognized awarding body.
Who Should Attend This Program
This course has been specifically designed for the benefit of
- senior secretaries
- executive secretaries
- personal assistants
- top-level management
Anyone aiming to improve their performance and maximize opportunities for promotion to executive positions.
Delegates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for certificate of completion:
- Attendance – delegates must attend all sessions of the course. Delegates who miss more than two hours of the course sessions will not be eligible to sit for the Advanced Executive Personal Assistant (AEPA)TM Examination.
- Successful completion of the course work and exam – The iIET is a an officially recognized learning center fully accredited by an official UK government recognized awarding body. Upon completion of this training course you will receive your an assessment based certificate of completion which has been fully accredited.
Topics That Will Be Covered
Profiling The Contemporary Executive PA Role
- Understanding your objectives
- Raising your profile from Executive PA to business partner
- Discovering your boss’s daily priorities
- Attributes of top performing PA’s
What Is Project Management?
- Understand the Definition of ” Project”
- Create Problem Statements
- Understand the Difference between a Project and Ongoing Work
- Be Aware of the Variety of Projects Administrative Professionals Are Asked to Complete
- Understand the Roles and Responsibilities of a Project Manager
- Understand the Basic Project Life Cycle
How Do We Manage Projects?
- Plan and Control Projects
- Meet Project Objectives
- Organize and Track Resources
- Use Basic Project Management Tools
How Do We Work with Others Successfully?
- Use Influence without Authority
- Recognize and Use Different Communication Styles
- Use Active Assertive Communication
- Communicate Effectively Across Organizational Boundaries
- Organize Effective Project Team Meetings
How Do We Meet Project Challenges?
- Solve Project Problems Effectively
- Avoid Disasters
- Learn from Every Project
- Stakeholder Analysis: Importance vs. Influence
- Sorting the stakeholders
- Stakeholders analysis and communication
Communication Skills – Getting What You Want From Others
- Dealing assertively with managers
- Communication skills and body language
- Verbally presenting your ideas to management
- Writing to influence management
Working Productively With Your Boss
- Strategies for improving your working relationship with your boss
- Creating synergy with the executive team
- How to manage multiple bosses
- Harmonizing with your boss’s work style
Managing Your Time & Work Flow
- Time managing & prioritizing your workload
- Email management, diary management and Minuting Tips
- Techniques for improving your work flow
- Understanding your team
Problem Solving & Win-Win Negotiation Strategies
- Practical problem solving techniques
- The rules of negotiation
- Identifying what the other party needs from you
- Practicing win-win negotiation
Releasing Your Managerial Potential
- You and your personal brand
- Strategies for maximizing your performance appraisal scores
- How to identify tasks that add value to your role
- Managing PA stress
- Goal setting: writing a personal development plan
The Executive PA’s Role as Leader
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Styles and Traits
- Hershey-Blanchard Situational Leadership
- Characteristics of successful Executive PA management
- Management styles, leadership and motivation
*Earn PDUs (Professional Development Unit) upon successful completion of this program to maintain your PMI Certification.
* Earn PDC’s (Professional Development Credit) upon successful completion of this program toward SHRM.