“Every Manager is a Human Resource Manager”
All managers play a pivotal role in increasing their firm’s competitiveness through maximizing the performance of their staff. Productive relationships between line managers, the employees who report into them and other colleagues, result in higher levels of performance, job satisfaction, commitment and energy being expended aligned with the organization’s purpose.
This intensive training course is designed to help you examine the best practices of performance management and provide you with a set of tools to create a plan for your team including setting powerful goals that will contribute to organizational objectives; and give motivational and developmental feedback to drive individual performance.
In today’s workplace, performance improvement and the role of performance management is an increasingly popular topic. Business pressures are increasing and organizations are required to become even more effective and efficient, execute better on business strategy, and do more with less in order to remain competitive.
We will provide you with the opportunity to understand the range of tools available to manage your team effectively and to develop an action plan to apply back at work immediately.Having an effective performance management system is the key to a well-run organization.
- Aligning individual employee’s day-to-day actions with strategic business objectives
- Providing visibility and clarifying accountability related to performance expectation
- Documenting individual performance to support compensation and career planning decisions
- Understand the aims of performance management
- Identify acceptable standards of performance
- Conduct effective reviews of performance
Who Should Attend
All line managers with people management responsibilities; professionals and technical specialists who have team leadership or general management roles.
- HR Policies and Procedures
- Employee Relations
- Employee Communications
- Personnel Administration
Topics That Will Be Covered
Performance Management: The Big picture
- Functions of performance management
- Aligning performance to companies mission, vision and strategy
- Factors influencing performance management
- The Performance Management Cycle
- Setting goals and Objectives
- The SMART framework
- Goal achievement
- Management by objectives
- Creating a performance improvement plan
- Balanced scorecard and Strategy Map
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- The 360 Degree assessment
Measuring and Rewarding Results
- Conducting performance reviews
- What really motivates us?
- Improving performance through coaching
- Employee engagement
- Diminished performance
- Rewards compensation methods and practices