Advanced Executive Leadership Professional (AELP)
Program Overview Download Brochure
To exhibit real executive leadership, you must be a visionary, a trailblazer, a strategist, a communicator, a coach, a diplomat and a politician. The world’s most successful leaders are able to focus on the big picture and uphold high standards while wearing many hats. Participants of the iIET’s Advanced Executive Leadership Professional (AELP) can expect to be challenged and inspired, their organizations can expect new and applied insight into what it takes to perform at the highest level.
This intensive executive leadership-training program combines proven-in-action techniques with peer interaction and insights from the latest research to help you master the competencies of effective executive leadership.
Upon completion of this training course you will recieve your assessment based certificate of completion which has been fully accredited by an official UK government recognized awarding body.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed to provide executive leadership training for midlevel managers or executives who lead others with managerial responsibility. It will benefit executives who require strong decision-making skills and the ability to lead and motivate others.
Delegates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for certificate of completion:
- Attendance – delegates must attend all sessions of the course. Delegates who miss more than two hours of the course sessions will not be eligible to sit for the Advanced Executive Leadership Professional (AELP) examination.
- Successful completion of the course exam– The iIET is a an officially recognized learning center fully accredited by an official UK government recognized awarding body. Upon completion of this training course you will receive your an assessment based certificate of completion which has been fully accredited.
Topics That Will Be Covered
Understanding Today’s Executive Leadership Expectations
- Examining your executive leadership challenges
- Exploring the fundamental concepts of executive leadership
- The four-factor model of effective executive leadership
- Differentiating between leadership and management
- Identifying the executive leadership requirements for the 21st century
Exploring the Strategic Elements of Executive Leadership
- Defining mission, vision and values
- Focusing on the “big picture” when building the culture
- The importance of planning and prioritizing in day-to-day activities
- Taking the time to focus on envisioning the future
- How a personal vision statement helps you achieve your organizational vision
Understanding and Appreciating Situational Leadership
- How to develop people, value differences and encourage honest communication
- Developing your leadership style to gain commitment from your employees
- Matching your leadership style to your employees’ developmental needs
Leadership with the Feet: Personal Values and Ethics at Work
- Understanding the challenges you face—and the various ways you can manage them
- Creating a culture of trusting relationships
- How individualized “passionate purpose” provides a context for consistency and credibility
Leadership with the Heart: Practicing Ways to Communicate
- Executive leadership techniques for enhancing pride in the work and the organization
- Motivating the workforce: three elements that ensure increased job satisfaction and productivity
- Examining the role of “emotional intelligence” in successful executive leadership
- Assessing your “emotional intelligence”: your strengths and areas that need development
*Earn PDUs (Professional Development Unit) upon successful completion of this program to maintain your PMI Certification.
* Earn PDC’s (Professional Development Credit) upon successful completion of this program toward SHRM.