Certified Advanced Senior Project Manager (ASPM)
Program Overview Download Brochure
The Advanced Senior Project Manager will help you build upon your foundations, techniques and tools to manage each stage of the project life cycle, work within organizational and cost constraints, set goals tied directly to stakeholder needs, get the most from your project management team, and utilize state of the art project management tools to get the work done on time and within budget.
Our unique course combines the fundamental project management techniques and standards of the PMI framework and the methodology of the Prince2 project management framework.
In this course you will obtain the management skills required to bring projects in on time and within budget. The results of successfully completing this program will be visible in your overall job performance, leadership effectiveness, risk analysis and decision-making capabilities, and improved management style.
Practical project management skills training incorporating project theory, methodology, case studies, tools, techniques and hands-on industry experience.
This course uses case studies and videos profilling some of the largest companies in the world to demonstrate how the models covered in the course are applied and implemented in the real world.
Upon completion of this training course you will recieve your assessment based certificate of completion which has been fully accredited by an official UK government recognized awarding body.
*Successful completion of the course materials, and exam makes you a Certified Advanced Senior Project Manager (ASPM)™ . You can use the designation of ASPM™ on your resume and business card.
It is suggested to attend the Advanced Senior Project Manager (ASPM) program delegates will:
- Up to 3 more years of work experience
- Have a formal qualification
Or at the discretion of the iIET.
Who Should Attend This Program
Anyone who is involved in, or affected by, projects or change management within an organization, including
- project managers
- IT project managers
- project coordinators
- team leaders
- product managers
- program managers
- project team members
- senior managers who want to get more out of their project teams
Delegates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for certificate of completion:
- Attendance – delegates must attend all sessions of the course. Delegates who miss more than two hours of the course sessions will not be eligible to sit for the Certified Advanced Senior Project Manager (ASPM) Examination.
- Successful completion of the course exam– The iIET is a an officially recognized learning center fully accredited by an official UK government recognized awarding body. Upon completion of this training course you will receive your an assessment based certificate of completion which has been fully accredited.
Topics That Will Be Covered
Introduction to Project Management
- Definition of a project
- Why project management
- Project life cycle
- Key knowledge areas of project management
- Case Study: The Trophy Project
- Course Case Study: Chunnel Project
Project Planning and Estimating
- Defining Scope
- Managing Quality
- Work breakdown structure
- Scheduling techniques
- Budgeting techniques
- Resource allocation techniques
- Earned Value Analysis
Managing Project Finance
- Project selection approaches
- Decision methodologies (decision trees, NPV, IRR)
- Project evaluation techniques
- Estimation (costs, schedule and requirements)
- Project financing
- Fundamentals of risk (e.g., what is risk?)
- Methods for dealing with risk and uncertainty
- Risk assessment and management process
- Quantitative Risk Management
- Case Study: Chevron
- Emotional Cycle of Change
- 7 Reasons Employees Resist Change
- Models of Change Management
- Thomas – Kilmann Model of Conflict
- Effective Negotiation techniques
- Identifying and prioritizing your stakeholders
- The stakeholder management grid
- Project lifecycles and stakeholders analysis
- Case Study: Kelloggs
Communication in Projects
- The role of bad of communication in project failure
- Communication planning
- The 6 keys to an effective communication plan
- The 4 inputs of communication planning
- Communication tools and techniques
Strategic Human Resources
- Human Resource Strategies for Project Managers
- The 4 Steps of the Human Resource Planning Process
- Recruiting talent
- Global talent management
- Employer Branding: The 5 Steps to building an effective brand
- Case Study: Ikea
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Styles and Traits
- Hershey-Blanchard Situational Leadership
- Special demands on project managers
- Project communications
- Characteristics of successful project management
- Management styles, leadership and motivation
*Earn Professional Development Units towards maintaining your relevant certification/license.
*Earn (Professional Development Credit) upon successful completion of this program toward SHRM.