Lean Project Management Professional (LPMP)
Program Overview Download Brochure
If you want to survive in the current environment… Take this course…
Do you want your project to succeed?… Of course you do! The Success of project depends on adapting to the quickly changing business environments. Lean, a continuous improvement method of processes and operational management, has proven to be an effective way to tackle this challenge.
Gaining a competitive advantage requires giving your business the ability to deliver highly profitable projects and services faster and better than the competition.
Lean Project Management is the application of lean thinking in project management, it tends to focus project managers toward creating value and eliminating waste. By learning to apply lean methodology to project management you will be able to improve the productivity of your projects. (Let’s face it…you are only as good as your last project.)
This interactive course will explore the pitfalls of project management and demonstrate how Lean can help your organization solve both technical and human challenges of sustainable projects and will improve the project management processes and mindsets alike.We will explore the lean aspect of project management through a series of dynamic presentations, cutting edge videos, exciting group activities, and real-world applicable case studies.
Lean Project Management gives you the tools to…
- Precisely specify the value of each project
- Identify the value stream for each project
- Allow value to flow without interruptions or bottlenecks
- Let the customer pull value from the project team
- Continuously pursue perfection
The objectives of the Lean Project Management are to …
- identify and specify the value to the customer/consumer in all its projects and services
- analyze and focus the value stream so that activities that do not create value are removed
- keep continuous flow to fulfill customer pull
Lean Project Management is the relentless pursuit of adding value for the customer, waste elimination, and continuous improvement from a standard at the point of activity by everyone, everywhere, everyday!
Upon completion of this training course you will recieve your assessment based certificate of completion which has been fully accredited by an official UK government recognized awarding body.
- Apply the lean process and toolkit to all aspects of the project life cycle.
- Discover how to make their teams more effective using fewer resources.
- Identify non-essential project elements in order to eliminate bottlenecks and improve productivity.
- Apply lean methods to the traditional project management toolkit
- Use key lean measurement and monitoring tools such as balanced scorecards, 5S, root cause analysis, value stream mapping, and many more.
- Explore the human element by learning motivation techniques for your team in order to inspire employee engagement and improve productivity.
- Discover what should be included in project management activities to improve efficiency and maximize their chances of success.
*Successful completion of the course materials, and exam makes you a Certified Lean Project Management Professional (LPMP)™ . You can use the designation of LPMP™ on your resume and business card.
Who Should Attend This Program
Anyone who is involved in, or affected by…
- Project Managers
- Non-operational Business Owners / Managing Directors
- Operations Directors
- Operations Managers
- Operations Leads / Supervisors
- Customer Service Heads
- HR Directors
- HR Managers
- Professionals and managers with management responsibilities in operations
- Service or quality managers
- Business and process managers and professionals
- Project leaders responsible for designing and implementing change projects
Delegates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for certificate of completion:
- Attendance – delegates must attend all sessions of the course. Delegates who miss more than two hours of the course sessions will not be eligible to sit for the Certified Lean Project Management Professional (LPMP) Examination.
- Successful completion of the course exam– The iIET is a an officially recognized learning center fully accredited by an official UK government recognized awarding body. Upon completion of this training course you will receive your an assessment based certificate of completion which has been fully accredited.
Topics That Will Be Covered
Lean Project Management
- Applying lean thinking to projects
- The 5 lenses of lean management for project management
- Efficiency and effectiveness of projects
- Lean and the triple constraint of project management
The 5 critical steps of lean management
1. Choose where to focus your efforts
- Strategic analysis of operations
- Process maps
- Set clear goals and define perfection
- Define scope
- Align staff with mission, vision and values
- Assign staff and resources
- Communication plan
- Stakeholder analysis
- Monitor progress and hold people accountable
- Performance review
- Clear implementation obstacles
- Change management
- Celebrate accomplishments
Review of Project Management
- Definition of a project
- Why project management
- Project life cycle
- Key knowledge areas of project management
- Why Project Fail
- Case Study: The Trophy Project
Lean methods for the project manager
- Process Walk/ Treasure Hunt
- Visual Controls
- Standard Work
- Value Stream Mapping
- Case Study: Lean production at Jaguar
Monitoring and Measuring productivity
- Lean metrics
- The 7 wastes
- Lead time
- Takt time and cycle time
- Root Cause Analysis
- Balanced scorecard
- Quality management
- Case Study: Competitive advantage through efficiency at Aldi
Implementing lean projects
- Putting it all together
- Lean roadmap for the public sector
- Implementation plan
- Case Study: Lean at Portakanbin
Leadership in Lean Project Management
- Special demands on project managers
- Organizational structure (teams and team development)
- Characteristics of a successful lean project manager
- Leadership Styles – The Foundation for Team Effectiveness
- Hershey-Blanchard Model for managing project teams
- What really motivates us?
- Emotional Intelligence
- Group Activity: Johari Window Self- Awareness Activity
- Group Activity: Emotional Intelligence
*Personality Profiling Test valued at $275 is included in this program.
*Earn Professional Development Units towards maintaining your relevant certification/license.
*Earn (Professional Development Credit) upon successful completion of this program toward SHRM.